Whoo! It has been a long time since I have been able to type on these pretty pages.
It’s not my fault though, it’s my HUSBAND”S FAULT!!!
Let me explain:
First, he goes and get’s me hooked on Breaking Bad. Did I mention that I had never seen a single episode? He tells me, “Don’t worry sweetie. Netflix has all of them and you can watch them all there!”
Word of advice: Never watch it! You will become consumed and it will take over your life.
Well, I finally finished all the episodes and I was done. Life was worth living again and I was fine.
Enter: Sons of Anarchy!
Again! My husband says, “You have to watch this! Netflix has all of them too!”
“NO!”, I said.
“Just watch one episode and you don’t have to watch anymore”, he says.
Five seasons later (*Don’t judge me!), I am finally alive again and not living in a leather made world of tattoos and motorcycles. (*Except for on Tuesday nights when the current season comes on…….)
I have neglected you and I feel bad about it.
As a peace offering, I give you this:
The easiest ever Shrimp Fettuccine in Vodka Sauce!
Now, I was going to try and make my own Vodka Sauce, but by the time I added up all the ingredients that I would need to make my own, it just seemed more reasonable to go another route.
I am a very practical girl and I’m not afraid to use a bottled sauce every now and again.
I usually buy Bertolli products when I purchase my pasta, so since they had a Vodka Sauce, I decided to go with them.
So so yummy!
I used shrimp and a lot of it because my family is what you call BIG EATERS, but you could definitely use chicken.
Best part is that this is probably a 20 minute meal!
Not to mention that it only has 5 ingredients and the whole family will LOVE IT!
Here you go!
Recipe: Shrimp Fettuccine in Vodka Sauce
– 1 – 2 lbs. of Raw Medium Shrimp, peeled ( I used 2 only because I have a family of 5 and they eat A LOT!) or 1 lb. Chicken Breast, cut into cubes in place of Shrimp
– 16 oz. Fettuccine
– 2 tbsp. Olive Oil ( I use extra virgin)
– 2 (24oz) jars of Vodka Sauce (*I used Bertolli) *I USED 2 JARS BECAUSE I HAD 2 LBS. OF SHRIMP, BUT YOU COULD DEFINITELY USE 1 JAR) OR still use 2 jars if you like a lot of Sauce.
– 2 tbsp. fresh chopped Basil (Optional)
– Cook Fettuccine according to package directions.
– Meanwhile, heat a large skillet on medium heat.
– Add Olive Oil and Shrimp and saute 4 minutes or until shrimp are cooked and are no longer opaque. *Try not to overcook shrimp! Set aside.
– In the same skillet, heat Vodka Sauce and let simmer for 10 minutes.
– Return cooked Shrimp to pan with sauce and add cooked Fettuccine.
– Top with chopped fresh Basil.
– Serve immediately.
*NOTE: If using Chicken, cut chicken into cubes and saute’ in place of shrimp about 6 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and cooked through. Continue with recipe.
I think everyone needs a good Scrub.
Sugar Scrub that is.
Whether you are a Dude or a Dudette,
we all get dry skin in the Winter ,
for some of us, Summer too! (Umm, yeah that would be me.)
I have an easy home recipe here that takes less than 5 minutes to whip up.
Most of the ingredients can be found in your pantry.
The only ingredient that most do no have is the essential oil.
Other than that, it is just Sugar, Olive Oil (I have Extra Virgin), Chamomile Tea, and your favorite Essential Oil.
The Essential Oil will give you your scent. I used Lavender which gives a Soothing quality so if you are going to bed afterwards, it really helps to calm you.
Lemon is a great scent too!
I almost did Peppermint, so when I run out of this one, I’ll probably do that next time.
You can find Essential Oils at your local craft store, but I bought mine at my local Health Store, called Bay Naturals.
Here is a link to their store: www.bay-naturals.com
The best thing about this is the fact that it makes your skin feel SOOO smoothe when you are finished.
You will have a glow to your skin and who doesn’t love that, right?
Recipe: Lavender Sugar Scrub
– 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
– 3/4 Cup Olive Oil
– 1 Chamomile Tea Bag
– 1/2 Teaspoon Essential Oil such as Lavender
– Cut open tea bag and pour into medium sized mixing bowl.
– Add Sugar and mix well.
– Using 1/4 Cup at a time, add Olive Oil to Sugar mixture until it is the texture of “wet sand”.
– Add essential oil. *If you would like to use more than recipe suggests, that is fine. Add to your liking, but be careful! A little goes a long way and may end up being too strong if you are not careful.
– Store in air tight container.
– Wet skin and using scrub, gently massage onto body.
– Allow to sit on skin for 2 to 3 minutes before thoroughly rinsing.
*Be careful, shower floor may be slightly slippery afterwards, so use caution and REMEMBER: A little goes a long way!
Have fun with it! Try your favorite essential oil!
( * This was not a paid advertisement for Bay Naturals. I simply bought my ingredients there. )
My kids love it when I do “Build Your Own Pasta Night”.
It allows them to put exactly what they want in their bowl almost like being at a Buffet. Except, I don’t own that much food.
You can use absolutely anything you want. Everyone has different tastes.
I just happened to use what I had on hand.
I used some olives, capers, feta, roasted tomatoes (not pictured), and fresh basil (also not pictured).
For the roasted tomatoes, I just took some grape tomatoes, drizzled a little extra virgin olive oil over them, and a little salt and pepper. Then I roasted them at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, or until the tomatoes start to burst.
Afterwards, I sprinkled fresh chopped basil over them.
These things are so yummy. When you roast them, they become sweet and tangy and they start to produce their own juice. So, instead of doing a tomato sauce, I decided to just use these in place of it.
I chopped up extra fresh basil to sprinkle over top at the end if anyone wanted to.
A drizzle of olive oil and ………
a splash of lemon juice is always a great option when you are trying to keep it lighter instead of the typical heavy feeling pasta can take on sometimes.
That’s exactly what I did. : )
AND it was soooooooo good.
It’s a great chance to get creative and try all kinds of different toppings. This would be great for a Get Together also! Especially if you have picky eaters.