I think everyone needs a good Scrub.
Sugar Scrub that is.
Whether you are a Dude or a Dudette,
we all get dry skin in the Winter ,
for some of us, Summer too! (Umm, yeah that would be me.)
I have an easy home recipe here that takes less than 5 minutes to whip up.
Most of the ingredients can be found in your pantry.
The only ingredient that most do no have is the essential oil.
Other than that, it is just Sugar, Olive Oil (I have Extra Virgin), Chamomile Tea, and your favorite Essential Oil.
The Essential Oil will give you your scent. I used Lavender which gives a Soothing quality so if you are going to bed afterwards, it really helps to calm you.
Lemon is a great scent too!
I almost did Peppermint, so when I run out of this one, I’ll probably do that next time.
You can find Essential Oils at your local craft store, but I bought mine at my local Health Store, called Bay Naturals.
Here is a link to their store: www.bay-naturals.com
The best thing about this is the fact that it makes your skin feel SOOO smoothe when you are finished.
You will have a glow to your skin and who doesn’t love that, right?
Recipe: Lavender Sugar Scrub
– 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
– 3/4 Cup Olive Oil
– 1 Chamomile Tea Bag
– 1/2 Teaspoon Essential Oil such as Lavender
– Cut open tea bag and pour into medium sized mixing bowl.
– Add Sugar and mix well.
– Using 1/4 Cup at a time, add Olive Oil to Sugar mixture until it is the texture of “wet sand”.
– Add essential oil. *If you would like to use more than recipe suggests, that is fine. Add to your liking, but be careful! A little goes a long way and may end up being too strong if you are not careful.
– Store in air tight container.
– Wet skin and using scrub, gently massage onto body.
– Allow to sit on skin for 2 to 3 minutes before thoroughly rinsing.
*Be careful, shower floor may be slightly slippery afterwards, so use caution and REMEMBER: A little goes a long way!
Have fun with it! Try your favorite essential oil!
( * This was not a paid advertisement for Bay Naturals. I simply bought my ingredients there. )