My husband loves Chicken Piccata. He also loves ANYTHING with capers. I hadn’t fixed it in a little while and the other night, I happened to have everything on hand that was needed.
ALMOST everything. Usually, the recipe I do calls for white wine. Since I didn’t have any of that, I used chicken stock. All that meant was that it would be a good substitute for the wine and my children wouldn’t be walking around bumping into things. J/K
It is actually a really easy, fast meal.
All you need is a some lemons, capers (which taste like mini olives and can be found right next to them in the grocery store), butter, spaghetti noodles, chicken stock, chicken breast and a little flour.
I guess you could call it a
30 minute 20 minute meal.
If you love lemons and olives, you will love this dish.
Recipe: Chicken Piccata
-4 skinless and boneless thin cut chicken breasts
– Salt/Pepper for seasoning
– All-purpose flour, for dredging
– 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
– 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
– 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
– 1/2 cup chicken stock
– 1 small jar of brined capers, rinsed
– 1 lb. Thin Spaghetti Noodles
– lemon slices for garnish
– Cook Thin Spaghetti Noodles according to package instructions.
– Salt/Pepper chicken breast and dredge in flour. Set aside.
– Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
– Cook chicken breast for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
– Remove from pan and set aside.
– To the same pan, add lemon juice, chicken stock , and capers. Bring to a slow boil, scraping up any loose brown bits from chicken.
– Return chicken breast to pan and allow to simmer for 5 additional minutes.
– On a platter, layer spaghetti noodles.
– Remove chicken from sauce and layer on top of noodles.
– To the sauce, add butter and whisk until smooth.
– Throw in lemon slices and pour sauce over chicken.
You must be logged in to post a comment.