Easy on the Hips
So lately I’ve been trying to get back into my “I have to put a bathing suit back on in a few months” kind of mindset.
I mean, let’s face it.
I live at the beach, and since that isn’t going to change anytime soon,
and my family lives at the pool and beach during the warmer months, I figure I better start…..
Here is an alternative recipe to my other Shrimp and Grits.
This will allow you to not kill yourself the next day at the gym because you have “eaters remorse”
from your meal the night before.
I guess you could say, “It’s easy on the hips!”
Plus, it feels lighter too!
Recipe: Shrimp and Grits Casserole
– 2 Cups Reduced Fat Milk ( I use Skim)
– 3/4 cup Fat Free, Less Sodium Chicken Broth
– 1 Cup Uncooked Quick-Cooking Grits
– 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
– 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
– 1/2 (2 oz.) Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
– 1 (3 ounce) package 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese
– 3 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
– 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Chives
– 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
– 2 Large Egg Whites ( I use Egg Beaters)
– 1 Pound Peeled and Deveined Medium Shrimp, Coarsley Chopped
– Cooking Spray
– Hot Pepper Sauce (Optional)
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
– Combine milk and broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
– Gradually add grits and salt to pan, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook 5 minutes or until grits are thick, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat.
– Add Parmesan cheese, Butter, and Cream Cheese to pan and stir until smooth.
– Add Parsley and next 4 ingredients to pan.
– Stir just until blended throughout.
– Spoon grits mixture into an 8×11 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
– Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until set.
– Serve with hot pepper sauce, if desired.
Side Dish Idea:
Roasted Broccoli – Spread 2 cups Fresh Broccoli Florets onto a cookie sheet sprayed with Cooking Spray. Roast at 375 degrees for 20 minutes until slightly crisp and brown, tossing once during cooking. Sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese and allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer.