You know I had to do it.
The only appropriate thing to do when you do a week about sweet tea, is actually START with Sweet Tea!
I have tried a bunch of different versions. Be it restaurants. Be it grandma’s. Be it mom’s. You get the picture.
One thing I have figured out, is that I don’t really like my sweet tea………. well TOO sweet.
I mean, let’s be honest. Sometimes, you come across some that are so sweet, it is literally like drinking a glass of syrup.
The recipe I did today is really good and probably not what you expect. Instead of using all regular granulated sugar, I used light brown sugar.
This, unfortunately was not from sheer genius. Though I must say, I’m pretty A.W.E.S.O.M.E. !!! …….. and M.O.D.E.S.T.
Nope! It was out of sheer forgetfullness that I had run out of the granulated sugar.
However, I must say this mishap, like others led me to realize that I just might like it better.
Here is what I did:
I started by boiling 3 cups of water.
Then, I added 2 Family Size teabags. Continue to boil for 1 minute.
Remove from heat, cover and allow to steep for about 10 minutes.
Strain the remaining liquid that stays in the tea bags. I used two spoons back to back.
Then I added 1/4 cup granulated sugar.
Then I added 7 cups of water.
Add lemon slices, ice cubes and ENJOY!
Recipe: Sweet Tea
– 3 cups Water
– 2 Family Size Tea Bags
– 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
– 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
– 7 cups Cold Water
– Lemon slices
– Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan.
– Add tea bags and boil for 1 minute.
– Remove pot from heat, cover, and allow to steep for atleast 10 minutes.
– Add brown sugar and whisk/stir until dissolved.
– Add granulated sugar and whisk/stir until dissolved.
– Pour tea/sugar mixture into a 1 gallon size pitcher.
– Add 7 cups cold water to pitcher.
– Add lemon slices and ice cubes.
– To serve, pour over ice.
You must be logged in to post a comment.