There is a store near my house that is just Pure Genius! I am not kidding.
If you are remotely in the slightest bit into cooking….. you would think this store is the coolest thing EVA!
It is called DEVO and is located here in Myrtle Beach. It is a shop full of Gourmet Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegars.
BUT! That isn’t the cool part. The cool part is YOU.GET.TO.TASTE.THEM!!!!!!!!! All of them! Anyone you want!
Go for it! However! Proceed with CAUTION! You will not be able to decide upon only one, so you will end up buying a ton of different ones!
They have the original store in Branson, MO. However, this is the first additional one they opened here locally. So glad they did.
Make sure you check out their site here.
Let me just tell you about the Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar. O.M.G.!!! is all I can say. This stuff is good. No! This stuff is GREAT! The kinda great that makes you want to go and hide somewhere with it and just GUZZLE it. Only you would probably immediately think that was a BAD idea once you remembered it was Balsamic Vinegar. REGARDLESS! This stuff is UH…… MAYYYYY……ZING! (Is that a word???? Don’t check my spelling.)
They give you little disposable cups and allow you to serve yourself. They have things like Blood Orange Olive Oil, Lavender Olive Oil and Lavender Balsamic Vinegar…… They even have Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar. I mean, come on!
Instead of going on and on about the products that they carry, let me just start by telling you what I did to some ordinary Store Bought Boxed Brownies!
First, I took probably the best brownie mix on earth and fixed them according to the package instructions.
Once they cooled slightly, I turned them out onto a cutting board, top side up. Then I pricked the top all over with a toothpick.
Then I took this Strawberry Balsamic goodness and ………….
heated about a cup of it on the stove.
I did this until the vinegar reduced by about half and coated the spoon like a syrup. (About 10-12 minutes)
Then I poured that delicious syrup over the slightly cooled brownies. OHHHHH! YEAHHHHH!
I spread it out over the brownies with a basting brush so that every possible inch would be covered.
I know it looks sticky. That is why you need to put it in the fridge for about 10 minutes so that it can set up.
I flipped it over after it had set up in the fridge and sprinkled powdered sugar over that side.
Then I flipped it over and did the other side too.
So! I had NOT one………
BUT, both sides with powdered sugar on it.
Let me just tell you! The taste is a slightly zinged out subtle strawberry flavor that is slightly sticky, but chewy sweet!
In other words……… YOU HEART ME! YOU JUST DON”T KNOW IT YET! 😉
ENJOY and ALWAYS serve with milk!
Recipe: Strawberry Balsamic Glazed Brownies
– One store bought box of Brownies (cooked according to package instructions) *I used Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Mix
– 1 Cup Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
– Powdered Sugar for dusting
– After cooking brownies according to package instructions, allow to cool slightly.
– Heat Vinegar in a medium saucepan until bubbly and allow to simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until reduced by half. (mixture will heavily coat a wooden spoon and appear syrup like)
– Meanwhile, prick slightly cooled brownies all over with a toothpick or fork.
– Pour thickened vinegar over brownies and spread with basting brush or backside of spoon. *NOTE: Do this quickly as it will become more difficult as the syrup cools.
– Allow to set up in fridge for atleast 10 minutes.
– Dust powdered sugar over one side of brownies.
– Carefully flip brownies over by laying another cutting board over and carefully flipping over.
– Dust other side of brownies with a layer of powdered sugar. *You should now have both sides of brownies dusted with powdered sugar.
– Cut brownie sheet into pieces and serve with ice cold milk.
NOTE: As brownies sit, powdered sugar may melt into brownies. If this happens, simply sprinkle with more powdered sugar before serving.
*DISCLOSURE: In no way shape or form has DEVO paid me to write this Blog Post. Just a simple fan who loves their products. Trust me! I have reached out to them and said….. “WILL WORK FOR BALSAMIC VINEGAR AND OLIVE OIL!” LOL!