I consider myself pretty lucky.
I have children who aren’t that picky when it comes to food.
Well, 2 of my 3 children aren’t that picky.
My four year old is actually in the “picky” faze right now and I’m counting the days until it passes.
While I hold my breath for that,
I decided to try a version of Chicken Parmesan that he and the girls might like.
I call it Herbed Chicken Parmesan…… Picky Eater Style!
I figured anything over Colorful Bowtie Pasta for my little ones is a Homerun any night.
Usually, I will have a little bit of left overs when it comes to most meals.
This, however, had nothing!
Not a crumb!
Not even an itty bitty bowtie.
When my 4 year old cleaned his plate, I knew I had a winner!
So, if you have picky eaters, try this recipe.
Even if you don’t, you’ll love it!
AND! It’s done with Chicken tenders, so Portion control is easy!
Recipe: Herbed Chicken Parmesan (Picky Eater Style)
1/4 Cup Dry Breadcrumbs
1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Parsley
1/2 Teaspoon Dried Basil
1/4 Teaspoon Salt, Divided
1/3 Cup Grated Fresh Parmesan Cheese, Divided
1 Large Egg White, Lightly Beaten (I use Egg Beaters)
1 lb. Chicken Breast Tenders
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 (14.5 oz) Can Tomato Sauce
2 Teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1/3 Cup Shredded Provolone Cheese (I folded 4 slices in half twice, then sliced very thin)
– Preheat broiler.
– Combine 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, Breadcrumbs, Parsley, Basil, and 1/8 Teaspoon Salt in a shallow dish.
– Place Egg White (Or Egg Beaters) in another shallow dish.
– Dip each chicken tender in Egg White, and then dredge in Breadcrumb mixture.
– Melt butter in a large Nonstick Skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, making sure not to over crowd the pan. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Chicken should be golden brown.
– Transfer Chicken to a broiler pan or oven safe dish large enough to hold all of Chicken Tenders. Set aside.
– Combine 1/8 Teaspoon Salt, Tomato Sauce, Vinegar, and Pepper in a microwave-safe bowl.
– Cover with plastic wrap, and vent on one side.
– Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Spoon over Chicken. Do not discard extra sauce.
– Sprinkle evenly with remaining Parmesan Cheese and Provolone Cheese.
– Broil 2 minutes or until cheeses melt.
– Serve over Tri Colored Bowtie Pasta, drizzled with Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper.
*I say do not discard the sauce because everyone wanted extra to go over their chicken. 🙂
Side Dish Idea: Roasted Herbed Zucchini w/ Parmesan
– 3 Zucchini
– Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– Dried Italian Seasoning
– Grated Parmesan Cheese
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
– Cut off ends of zucchini.
– Cut zuchinni in half length wise.
– Drizzle a little olive oil over zucchini halves.
– Sprinkle each half with dried Italian Seasoning.
– Roast for 20 minutes.
– Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on top of zucchini.
– Turn oven to broil.
– Allow to broil until cheese is melted and golden brown.