Projects! Projects! Projects!
When I don’t post for a while, rest assured it’s because I have been very busy.
That is exactly the situation again.
If you didn’t already know, we moved into a new home a few months ago. Since then, we have been trying to update it a little bit. For one, it is bigger than my last one. (HALLELUJAH!)
So, we needed to actually get some furniture for it, which I’ve written about in other posts. Well, there is something else now. The floors!
The floors were pretty nasty to begin with. There were so many “pet stains”, that when we pulled the carpet back, I couldn’t tell where one ended and another began. : (
Plus, to top it all off, we have allergies that get worse when you involve that ugly little carpet word.
Here is a “Before” shot of part of the living room. The carpet doesn’t look that bad in this pic. My camera is being very kind to me.
It was the best feeling in the world when I got to see the first row of boards go down.
This however, was not. It took him the whole weekend to get the tile in the foyer out! : ( We later found out that a much lighter tool would have done the job in way less time! Oh well, lesson learned.
This is a “still in progress” picture of the living room.
The whole project isn’t finished yet. However, when it is, I’ll post the final pictures.
While the kitchen, living room, and pretty much the rest of the house was a mess…… we decided to go ahead and do the backsplash I’ve been wanting in the kitchen.
I had this at the last house, so I knew that I would like it. It only cost me $140 in materials! For a tile backsplash, that is great!
The undercabinet lights kind of made the picture too bright, but I’m too lazy to turn them off and take another. It isn’t grouted yet, but I will update the photos when it is.
I also managed to snag this pendant light from The Goodwill down the road for $5.95. With a little paint, it and it’s 2 siblings will be the fun, quirky light fixtures I have been looking for to go over the bar.
That is what I have been up to lately. Updating the house and now hopefully updating Babies and Biscuits.
I did manage to make a pot of Chili along the way!
Recipe to follow tomorrow!